Job Title: Controller
Status: Full Time Exempt
Department: Finance & Administration
Location: San Luis Obispo Office
Hours: Monday through Friday
Supervisor: Ken Dewar, President
Compensation: $95,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
Work closely with the President in managing the finance and accounting team who provide accounting services to our internal and external customers. Primarily responsible for generation of monthly financial statements, reports and reconciliations with guidance from the President along with involvement in billing, annual budgeting, and internal controls. Assists in various other projects as needed and time permits.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Supervision of accounting & finance staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- At least five years of accounting experience.
- Experience with full ERP software such as SAP or JD Edwards a plus.
- An advanced degree or professional certification (such as an MBA or CPA) a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting regulations, and best practices.
- Knowledge of general ledger structure, month-end closing, monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting to bank, local, state, and federal entities.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel plus proficiency in Windows 365, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Robust time management and prioritization skills.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, hand and finger movements associated with typing, 10 key and telephone.
- Talking, listening, near, mid-range and far vision.
- Occasional moderate lifting.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.