JB Dewar is a fourth generation, family owned and operated company that prides itself in meeting the needs of our customers. Our core values include being a community cornerstone, fueling families, delivering reliable service and quality, and doing it right! We strive for efficiency and error reduction by taking time to prepare, learning from past mistakes and always seeking to improve. If you’re looking to be part of a dynamic industry leading team, join JB Dewar!
JB Dewar was founded on the Central Coast, where we live, do business and serve our neighbors and community honoring our community’s traditions of compassion, ingenuity and work ethic. We are the Central Coast-based expert provider of the highest quality fuel, lubricants, equipment, and services.
Job Title: Counter Sales Customer Service
Status: Full Time Hourly
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Hours: Monday – Friday, call outs, after hours, holidays and weekend work at overtime rates is required
Supervisor: Director of Business Development
Pay Range: $19.00 to $22.00 per hour
We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability. The Counter Sales Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling phone calls, answering product questions, and selling petroleum related products to walk-in customers at JB Dewar’s Dewar Depot store.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Provide lead referrals to outside and inside salespeople.
- Interact with customers to fulfill their needs.
- General cashiering responsibilities including invoicing, daily balancing of cash drawer, etc.
- Maintaining product displays and promoting specials.
- Perform storefront opening and closing duties.
- Fill propane tanks when necessary.
- Responsible for continuing product training (on-line, on-site and off-site and attending some sales meetings)
- Must be able to become familiar with in-house computer system.
- Must be able to become intimately familiar with multiple product lines.
- Proficient with a PC Computer using Windows, Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Type 30 WPM.
- Friendly, outgoing and energetic personality with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.