JB Dewar is a fourth generation, family owned and operated company that prides itself in meeting the needs of our customers. Our core values include being a community cornerstone, fueling families, delivering reliable service and quality, and doing it right! We strive for efficiency and error reduction by taking time to prepare, learning from past mistakes and always seeking to improve. If you’re looking to be part of a dynamic industry leading team, join JB Dewar!
JB Dewar was founded on the Central Coast, where we live, do business and serve our neighbors and community honoring our community’s traditions of compassion, ingenuity and work ethic. We are the Central Coast-based expert provider of the highest quality fuel, lubricants, equipment, and services.
Job Title: Mechanical & Facilities Maintenance Technician III
Status: Full Time Hourly
Department: Mechanical & Facilities Maintenance
Location: San Luis Obispo
Hours: Monday – Friday, call outs, after hours, holidays and weekend work at overtime rates is required
Supervisor: MFM Supervisor
Pay Range: $32.00 to $35.00 per hour
Under general supervision perform basic maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs, to fuel, oil and air delivery systems, light electrical work, both AC/DC electrical repairs in various industries, on JB Dewar Inc. owned equipment and facilities. As a senior level technician position superior skills, knowledge and abilities to work at a high level of performance are expected.
Essential Job Duties:
- Skilled knowledge of repairing lube and fuel pumps, meters, hose reels, oil controls.
- Knowledgeable in the setup, preparation and delivery of lube and fuel tanks and related equipment.
- Advanced repairs on dispensers such as face seals reset motors, shear valves, meters, meter registers.
- Advanced electrical and plumbing, (including black pipe, tubing, PVC, air, and water) knowledge.
- Maintenance of sumps, resealing manholes, pulling turbines.
- Keep accurate time, material and field documentation in English.
- Must be able to use e-mail to communicate and document work and answer questions.
- Keep JB Dewar maintenance vehicle and work area clean and stocked with agreed upon inventory.
- Must have personal hand tools, JB Dewar will provide specialized tools
- Willingness to attend industry training and obtain Certifications
- Install/troubleshoot/repair cardlock controls, remote tank monitoring equipment
- Preventative maintenance inspections of fuel and lube truck pumping equipment
- Knowledgeable in the repair/troubleshooting of air compressors and compressor electrical, 110v/220v single and three phase.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time and meet established deadlines.
- Requires good verbal skills.
- Computer and electrical skills, knowledge of software and communication applications specific to industry operation, including but not limited to PetroVend, Veederoot, Wayne, Tokheim and Gasboy.
- Basic knowledge of invoicing, inventory control, special parts ordering.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Kneeling, squatting, twisting, reaching, climbing, pulling, pushing, driving, grasping, fingering, keyboarding and bending down required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs (may be required to perform lifting test)
- Required to work from heights, at times from ladders and other types of platforms
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking on (normal, uneven, slippery surfaces)
- Should have or be able to obtain industry knowledge: Red Jacket, Incon, Petrovend, Gasboy, Tokheim, Veederoot, Healy, Philtite, crane truck certification. Passing Weights & Measures and Designated Operator certifications will be required within 180 days of employment. Note: this is not necessarily a complete list of possible desirable industry qualifications.
- Must possess a clean driver record and a California Class C Driver’s License (Class A or B desirable). Must obtain a Haz-Mat endorsement within 120 days of employment.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.