JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt (40 hours per week)
SUPERVISOR: Ownership, COO, Operations, Sales, Finance & Accounting and HR
Please include a cover letter providing an explanation as to how you will bring in business from your relationships, experience or industry connections.
Hours: Monday through Friday – 7:30am to 4:30pm
At JB Dewar Inc., we thrive when our people thrive. We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant to be the supportive force that empowers our Executive Team. This individual is the creative glue of all the software programs, project details, and vendors that need to be united to create magic in the business. This role is critical to the business running smoothly, consistently, and effectively. As an assistant, you will perform various administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and organizing tasks. Ultimately, you should be able to handle administrative projects and deliver high-quality work under minimum supervision.
The Executive Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the company. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email. Ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE:
- Provide administrative support (e.g., prepare documents and reports using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software).
- Relieve managers of routine and/or simple tasks.
- Assume projects and project follow up as assigned to allow more strategic activity for managers.
- Assist departments in managing schedules and meetings.
- Create a positive first impression on behalf of the company to all clients, carriers, vendors, and employees
- Complete other administrative functions to support department needs
- Organize, prioritize and track tasks and accomplishments for managers
- Create presentations and meeting agendas, as assigned
- Identify daily/weekly tasks to assist each manager with in each area.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and agendas for key personnel as needed (staff meetings, team meetings, etc.)
- Maintain an open communication line with Exec Team on assigned projects and responsibilities while effectively handling multiple and changing priorities.
- Effectively maintain project outlines including objectives, steps to complete project, person responsible for each step, deadlines and status.
- Work effectively with others in the organization to move project objectives forward
- Assist with monthly reporting, including sales reports, to insure all team reports are completed timely as per checklist
- Maintain record retention system including organizing and purging of archive documents
- Backup and provide support for report preparation including downloading of data into Excel for manipulation, analysis and reporting to include graphs.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Assist in hunting down employee issues, payroll, benefits, boots, gift cards, covid tests, etc.
- Data entry
- Documenting the leadership team activities, notes, documents, decisions, board notes for annual audit, etc.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 years experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Strong time-management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Flexible team player who can solve problems and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge, works well with others, willing to learn.
- Education – Minimum of AA degree required
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Must possess a strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests.
- Proactive follow through, ability to effectively manage up to move projects and tasks forward.
- Strong attention to detail for use in proofreading marketing materials, expenses, etc.
- Friendly, outgoing personality that works well with others.
- Team player / cross-department collaboration
- Continual learner
- Takes ownership of company success
- Professional demeanor
- Problem solving ability
- Positive work ethic
- Great organizational and follow-up skills
- Good judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to recognize urgent needs
- Attention to detail
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
Frequent standing, sitting, bending, lifting (up to 50 pounds), hand and finger movements associated with typing, 10 key and telephone operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
JB Dewar, Inc. provides cleaning supplies, gloves, hand sanitizer, social distancing a must.
- Only full-time employees eligible
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.