STATUS: Full Time Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical and Facilities Maintenance
SUPERVISOR: Non-Fuels Division Manager
The MFM Supervisor will schedule and dispatch a team of technicians for repairs and maintenance of
petroleum equipment at JB Dewar facilities and customer locations. Responsible for performance
management, job prioritization, a management of technical certifications for personnel, inventory
management, accountability to expenses within the department, and communication across all
departments at JB Dewar, Inc.
Essential Skills & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Mechanical and Facilities Maintenance Database, utilizing data to drive cost and
- Supervise a growing team of Technicians and Facilities Maintenance resources.
- Responsible for scheduling of technical services personnel and vendors for jobs.
- Strong understanding of inventory management to overseeing inventory and following-up on
discrepancies, reporting outcomes, and identifying improvements for accuracy and availability.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete work order packets to close jobs and facilitate
accurate and prompt customer billing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to assure clear direction for
leadership, staff, and customers both internal and external.
- Provide financial direction for departmental expenses and drive cost reductions as well as
revenue creation opportunities.
- Proactively manage work order dispatching with an eye for efficiency, positive customer
experience and revenue growth.
- Creating work orders, PO’s and corresponding non-inventory purchasing.
- Point of contact for vendor development and dispatching.
- Manages the performance of department team members to drive positive employee, business,
and customer experiences.
- Directly and indirectly provide customer support, both internal and external.
- Inspection of JB Dewar assets to ensure preventative maintenance (loaned equipment and
- Proactive problem solver
- Takes ownership, accountable, responsible
- Able to prioritize
- Fiscally responsible for inventory and labor expenses
- Knowledge of our service area preferred.
- Knowledge of, or the ability and willingness to learn the petroleum industry as it relates to this
- Possesses strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well in a busy and constantly changing environment.
- Mechanical and or Automotive service repairs background a plus.
- Clean DMV report.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a technical environment.
- At least two years hands on experience in the electrical, mechanical, or plumbing field.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Frequent standing, sitting, bending, lifting, hand and finger movements associated with typing,
and telephone operations.
- Able to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- May be required to work from heights, at times from ladders and other types of platforms.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.