STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Non-Fuels Division Manager
HOURS: Monday through Friday, Negotiable (6:00am – 5:30pm window at Dispatcher’s discretion)
Some after hours and weekend work as needed (call out by company cell phone).
Responsible for the driving and operation of J.B. Dewar, Inc. fuel delivery tankwagon truck (two and three axle). Primary role is to deliver fuels to a broad customer base ranging from vineyards, construction sites, farms, ranches, municipalities, and more. Safety and attention to detail are critical to the success of this position. This position reports daily to the San Luis Obispo facility unless scheduled otherwise.
Essential Skills & Responsibilities:
- Must possess a Class A or Class B Commercial California driver’s license with cargo tank, hazmat and airbrake endorsements. Driving record must be clean.
- Knowledgeable and fully understand the operation and use of all equipment on each fuel delivery truck and loading rack (training provided).
- Deliver gasoline, diesel fuel and renewable diesel to a variety of customers and different types of equipment.
- Provide great customer service through customer interactions and by relaying critical information about accounts to dispatcher.
- Back-up drivers on vacation or out due to sickness.
- Required to keep inside and outside of truck clean.
- Must take and follow direction from dispatcher to make assigned deliveries.
- Must inspect truck at beginning of each shift and report in writing via Driver’s Daily Vehicle Inspection. Must notify dispatcher of any problems or issues with the truck at time of discovery.
- Must be able to keep safety at the forefront.
- Possess the ability to comprehend instructions and follow established company policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- After proper training, will be required to back up delivery of lubricants as needed.
- Proficient with PC computer programs, Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Class A or B CDL with Haz Mat, Cargo Tank, and Air Brake Endorsements.
- Knowledge of our service area preferred.
- Knowledge of, or the ability and willingness to learn the petroleum industry as it relates to this
- Possesses strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well in a busy and constantly changing environment.
SKILLS DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Past experience as fuel driver and/or route delivery driver.
- Petroleum and fuel product knowledge.
- Experience, knowledge of truck pumping and metering systems.
- Haz-Mat certified training.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance as to: air resources, water quality, weights and measures, Highway Patrol, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Transportation, and other agencies as needed (training and education provided).
- Mechanical and or Automotive service repairs background a plus.
- Clean DMV report.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a technical environment.
- At least two years hands on experience in the electrical, mechanical, or plumbing field.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Frequent standing, sitting, bending, lifting, able to lift 80+ pounds and climb ladders safely.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.