JOB TITLE: Marketing Specialist
STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt hourly
(some overtime, weekend, afterhours work as needed)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Business Development
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Reporting to the Director of Business Development this position will lead and execute a range of marketing activities to support short-term and long-term business goals. These goals would include the overall promotion of JB Dewar Inc., lead generation, sales process acceleration and overall sales growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Establish positioning by identifying target audiences and develop marketing plans with specific objectives.
- Create and manage marketing plans across different channels, industries and product segments.
- Lead the design and execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics to management.
- Design, test and evolve lead generation and retention tactics.
- Develop creative briefs and execute direction to meet objectives for all marketing initiatives.
- Ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Maintain and manage all aspect of the company website. This includes and is not limited to Search Engine Optimization, paid search, customer buying experience, content development.
- Build upon JB Dewar’s strong community presence. Coordinate JB Dewar’s involvement in community events & networking. Track and provide recommendations on JB Dewar’s membership and sponsorship opportunities.
- Budgeting and obtaining quotes for marketing related services and products.
- Development and execution of internal and external company newsletter.
- Leveraging tools and data available to support marketing initiatives (CRM, ERP, etc.)
- Utilizing, maximizing and aligning vendor provided marketing programs (Chevron, Baldwin, PacPride)
- Effectively manage and execute third party marketing software & tools (MailChimp, Google Analytics, SEO, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Proven experience developing, managing and executing marketing calendars, plans and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, project management, multitasking and decision-making
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity and detail
- Experienced software user of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud Design including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of third party marketing tools (MailChimp, Google Analytics, SEO, etc.)
- Friendly, outgoing personality that works well with others.
- Innovative “outside the box” thinker possessing a growth mindset
Frequent sitting and computer work. Some lifting (up to 45 pounds), bending, and reaching.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.