JOB TITLE: Inside Sales and Service Representative
STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt (40 hours per week)
SUPERVISOR: Inside Sales and Service Manager
LOCATION: San Luis Obispo
COMPENSATION: $23hr to $28hr
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through providing solutions to both new and existing customers. Customer interaction will be an essential function of the workday in the form of telephone calls and email communication to sell and market JB Dewar products and services. Customer interfacing includes requests for quotes, order placement, proposal generation, prospecting, and communicating pertinent information proactively back to customers.
The Inside Sales and Service representative plays a key role in optimizing the efficiency and coverage of JB Dewar’s products and services. In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting, quoting and following-up on business opportunities and leads generated by yourself, field sales team, technicians, and other sources. Your ability to be customer oriented and focus on fulfilling customer’s needs, while finding the most suitable value proposition will be essential for your success in this role. This position will require you to be highly organized, able to prioritize and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Essential Skills & PRIMARY Responsibilities:
- Develop a working knowledge of JB Dewar’s products and service offerings, sales policies, processes, systems, and practices, as well as other related company information systems.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Reengage lost accounts.
- Develop and follow plan to contact assigned list of customers.
- Effectively report and track activities, along with updating customer profile information in CRM software.
- Maintain and grow current account base through cross-selling and value-added sales techniques
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Understand and be able to explain products and services to the customer.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution and maintain customer loyalty.
- Promptly submitting customers’ product purchase or service orders to the relevant department for processing.
- Build and reinforce customer loyalty by providing quality customer service.
- Work closely with management to collaboratively assist in the achievement of JB Dewar’s overall growth & profitability goals.
- Support target marketing campaigns
- Provide support to Field Sales Representatives as needed.
- Smoothly transfer accounts back-and-forth with outside sales as determined by supervisor and/or requests by customers.
- Duties and responsibilities may be modified as directed by management.
- Represent and promote JB Dewar in a professional, dignified, and ethical manner.
- Attend sales meetings, as well as sales training, continuing education, and other related events and function.
- Proven inside sales experience Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Honest, dependable and a team player
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic self-starter
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and listening skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred
- One (1) year inside sales experience desired
- Minimum one (1) year of B2B experience
- Experience in transportation, lubricants, fuel, or a related industry
- Microsoft Office proficient to include Dynamics CRM
- Previous B2B sales experience preferred with an emphasis on closing
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
Frequent sitting and computer work. Some lifting (up to 30 pounds), bending, and reaching.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.